2019. szeptember 7., szombat

Endgame fanfiction III


End of a Dream (III)
"The reality has changed," the answer came from a newcomer. Scott winced in fright so much that the coffee spilled.
"Oh my gosh!” The Ant-Man moaned and stared in shock at the man in the door.
The arriving giant was smiling, well-dressed and all muscles; he had towered over each of us. Well-dressed and green.
"Bruce?" I looked up in disbelief.
"Personally and bulked up. Bruce Banner "he introduced himself to Scott, then turned to me again, leaned down and hugged me very carefully. ”I'm glad you're here."
"I'm happy too. Because if I had to face it alone ..." and for a moment I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and then continued. "So I have a chance to stay me sane. And did you manage to reach a settlement with the Hulk?"
"Yeah. Let's just say, I got better. In the past, I was always afraid that if I changed, I would remain Hulk. I thought it was my curse. I thought Hulk's some kind of disease that I should cure. But I realized that Hulk was the medicine. This is how the mind and muscle can unite" he smiled. "Everything's fine with me."
"This is unfortunately not true of the world." Captain America sat down at the table, and we followed his example. "Do we know exactly what is happening, why and how? Bruce?"
"The facts: there are no measurable changes. There was no increase in background radiation, no increase in radioactivity anywhere in the world, and nothing indicating a natural disaster" the holographic display brought to life. "However, minor local anomalies have been reported: gravity distortions, electromagnetic changes. There have been many reports from the civilian population of missing or disturbed, mentally ill people. Not so much," Banner shook his head, "that panic broke out, but our analysts noticed. No reasons were found."
"The reason is a change of the reality. I can't show you so beautiful pictures like the wizards can, but I will do my best" the stone glistened in my neck and a bubble of light appeared as a red expanding sphere between my fingers. Scott moaned.  "All of our decisions take us in some direction. Each decision is a junction, a junction that determines the direction of our journey and, depending on its significance, influences further decisions. When it comes to something big and important, it can affect a lot of people." The pictures of my dreams appeared in the sphere. "Sometime, when I was a college student, I made a decision that affected the rest of my life. If I had decided differently than my whole life would have been different. And it happened on another Earth, on another timeline" the golden yarns appeared "and it happened. In the reality where we lived, where" I swallowed hard „I have a son; Tony has a little daughter, and… Those things happened that we all remember; and I'm not an Audi development engineer, thanks to that old-time decision. Dreams showed what started it all: Stan Lee's death. His death is a junction that can affect not only the lives of many, but also the fate of worlds."

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése