2019. szeptember 7., szombat

Endgame fanfiction



The Avengers have some new members. For example...me. We live our ordinary lives when something happens. Something bad. The reality has changed around us. People we loved, disappeared without any trace. Some people stayed with us, some disappeared. Friends, family, comrades; randomly and without explanation. My life also has changed. Who am I now? Where is my family? Where is my friends' family? Where are my friends? They vanished. And I have a strange, red stone. I still have it. It belongs to me yet. The Stone of Magic and Dream, one shard of the seventh Infinity Stone.
How can I get my family back? How can we restore our reality?
What if...?
What if that had happened? This is my version of Avengers: Endgame.
(Of course, I have an own version of the Infinity War.)
Here is a part of it.
 

Avengers: Endgame – End of a dream
In memory of Stan Lee
In memory of a girl who could have become anybody
Dorina Márton
(2005-2019)
A Marvel fanfiction
This novel was made for the amusement only.
Some of the characters are owned by Marvel. The others’ similarity to living people is not at all a coincidence. They are all included deliberately in this story.
This is a fanfiction of a Hungarian novel Two life one death.
I started to write: 28.04.2019.
I started to translate: 27.07.2019.



Spring came from one day to the next. The sad, gray countryside, the dusty, quiet little town was still depressing yesterday; the clouds in the sky darkened and the rain started.
It had been raining for days. The dry soil was still swallowing and swallowing the water, the earth breathing thick mist at dawn, the sunlight couldn't break through it. And yet it was spring.
The trees knew it. Birds too. There was a black-and-white patch in the little lean green: the spring's messenger, the stork, had arrived. On the branches the swollen sprouts popped out and the apricot trees became white.
It looked like it had been raining for weeks. Gray clouds were gathering in the gray sky. Then, suddenly, the sun shone through them, the clouds fading. And everything was green when the sun came up.
What kind of magic is this? The mist of the new morning was already squirming over a lush green field, and the restarting rain had already crooked long, vivid grass onto the ground.
From the upstairs window of the old house, I looked out over our yard, the orchard beyond the fence, and the poplar trees lining the remote little canal.
"Look, Loki, magic is your strong suit, but this is science. It's based on the laws of physics ..." There was some annoyance in my son's voice, I could hear it.
I set off down the stairs. The two of them were sitting in the living room, my son's laptop was open on the table; the letter A in a circle on its back, clearly visible.
"Science, magic, words only! You have to see the main point! If you don't realize what a distraction is and what the reality is, you've lost."
Loki's voice was calm; I still felt the power in it.
 I knew him well: he's my husband; we were bounded together by vow and blood. He was a frost giant. Just like me.
My son lowered the cover of his laptop and stood up from the desk. He was blowing out the air for a long time, as if he wanted to keep his calm.
Both were stubborn. Just like me.
"I can't ask the others for help now. That's our task."
"We'll solve it. Still you have no self-confidence." Loki shook his head. "We'll do it, have no other option."
Both became Avengers. Just like me.
Somewhere in the kitchen, my phone started ringing. I went for it, when I felt the red stone hanging from a thin leather strap around my neck became heavy at the same time. By the time I got to the kitchen, the Stone was glowing red. The light gushing from it surrounded me and the glowing aura crawled over my phone as I took hold of the slim device.
"There's trouble. When Stan Lee died" Tony Stark didn't waste time on greetings and other frills „his Stone is lost. By now, two Dreamers are gone, as are their stones. Another Dreamer must surely be dead; that Stone also has not chosen a new master and lost. Our scientists have detected anomalies in ... Judith! Are you listening to me? Do you understand me? We don't know what's going on yet, but you three have to come here to the HQ. You can't stay there! Do you hear what I'm saying?"
"Tony ..."
"I do not argue. According to our colleagues, the reality… the reality of our universe… may change. All of you are in danger. Especially you and the Stone."
"Tony ..."
"Natasha has departed for you. There's no time…"
That really wasn't. Did it freeze? Ran out? Bent?
I couldn't hear Stark's words from the phone. I understood what he was talking about, but now I didn't want to believe what I see.
My son's body was getting pale. He became translucent like a ghost.
"Mom?"
I wanted to reach out to him, grab him, hold him back, but I stood helplessly, unable to move, until he disappeared completely.
"Loki! What was that? Magic, right?"
The black-haired Asgard was pale. He stared deathly white at the spot where my son was standing.
"This wasn't a magic. Go to Stark. I can’t..."
His figure was also fading.
"No! Loki! No!"
"I'm sorry…"
"No!" But no one heard my cry; I was alone in the house.
"Judith! Judith! Are you there? Answer, for heaven's sake! I'll send a wizard for you!"
The phone fell out of my hand, but it didn't hit the floor: it had vanished like my family. The red glow glowed around me once more; then I lost consciousness.
Stark crept on the grass with careful footsteps. There was no wind; no grass moved; some toys were lying in front of the little tent.
"Morgan! Chow-time! It's had enough of game for today. Come on, little one."
"Okay, Daddy." The girl stuck her dark curly head out of the tent; looked around then came out. She held her right hand in front of herself. "Can't we fight the bad guys a little more before dinner?" She made a wide gesture with her gloved hands. She was wearing a gauntlet. "I'd help you."
The man picked up the child.
"Would you help me? Oh sure! Mom would tell me off if she saw this on you. Where did you get it from? Garage, right? Anyway, Mom never wears anything I give her."
"Okay, get her some ice cream from you. She would be surely glad." Her dark eyes gleamed mischievously. "I'd also be glad some ice cream now."
"Now? No way." He stroked her hair. "Let's go, some guests are coming."
His voice stalled. He felt the girl's weight on his arms was less and less. In the late afternoon light shining through the foliage, the tiny body seemed increasingly transparent.
"Morgan!" Stark hugged the child, squeezing her as if he was afraid of she would slipping out of his hands.
He ran toward the house with her. He bumped into a plastic toy, losing his balance fell to knee, but he did not let her go.
"Morgan!" He wanted to jump up to take her into the house, into the shelter, but only the lukewarm spring air remained between his arms.
"No! Morgan! Morgan!!!"
Millions of sparking dust particles danced in the light shining through the branches of trees. Tony saw nothing but a few swirling grains of dust.
It was a wonderful spring day, ideal for a family picnic. On the grassy square in front of the farm there was a trestle table and a barbecue next to it. The smells - charcoal, roasting meat, blossoming trees in the distance - were soothing. That's what made home a home.
Clint looked at his two sons with immense pride: Cooper tossed the ball carefully into Nathaniel's hands, or rather into his brother's glove. The boys had a good time without him, so he turned back to his daughter.
Lila with a bow in her hand frowned at the target.
"Ready?" His father asked. "Three fingers, remember?"
The girl lifted up and strained her bow, focused and fired.
"That's it!" The dark-haired man yelled. "Nice shot, Hawkeye."
"Boys, come on, soup's on. Lila, Clint, you too."
"Mom, do we have mayo for the hot dog?"
Lila shivered.
"Who wants mayo on hot dog?"
His father didn't answer, something caught his attention; the intensifying wind in the foliage, the distant thunder - he didn't really know what was it. He turned to the barn but saw nothing there. There were the well-known peace and tranquility all around. No movement.
Even where there had to be movement: Laura's slim figure disappeared from the table and he couldn't see the two boys anywhere. He spun around.
Even in time to see the bow fall to the ground.
"Lila? Laura? Boys? Where are you?" He darted toward the house. "Guys?"
He was overcome by fear he had never felt.
"Lila?"
Nobody answered.
"Good morning! Coffee isn't ready yet."
Everything was unknown to me: colours, shapes, distant noises, but even smells. I found only the man's voice familiar but I still didn't know where I was.
The air was diminishing around me, I felt dizzy; the drumming of blood in my ears suppressing almost every other sound. A man entered the room: he was slender, his dark hair reaching on his back, his smooth-shaven face was ageless, his blue eyes like blue gems. On his sinewy body he wore only a black silk kimono.
"Can I bring in..." He stalled. "Are you okay?"
"No… I don't know… Is Marko okay?" I looked around.  "So Tony has sent you for us finally.  Loki?"
Something was really wrong. Nandi sat onto the edge of the bed and took my hand.
"Maybe we shouldn't travel. It would be better if we spent our holidays at home. I'm afraid you're exhausted."
I pushed the blanket aside, wanted to jump up, but the gesture was interrupted. I stared at my own hand as if I had seen a stranger's. And it was: unfamiliar. Perfect, discreet French manicure and an engraved gold wedding ring.
"Where are the others? Where are Marko and Loki?" the wonderful, burgundy, silk nightie barely reached the middle of my thigh; at the edge of the bed, was a blue kimono similar to Nandi's.
"Leave the job for today. In fact, for all week long ... We are on holiday."
"Job? What kind of job? My son and my husband... Where are they?"
Anxiety appeared on Nandi's face.
"Lie down, please. I'm calling a doctor, okay?"
"Nandi, don't play this! Where's my son? Where…" My gaze fell on his hands and the time froze around me again: an engraved gold ring was gleaming on the handsome, slender man's finger.
I stood up and finally looked around. It was a homely apartment, friendly, sunny, nice, but I was still cold. I liked every object, every piece of furniture; that would have been the old house if I was financially better. I'd live in such an apartment...
There were photographs on the wall, the largest in the middle: the wedding picture. Nandi and me. On a vacation. Under the Christmas tree. Graduation. The two of us; on other pictures with friends. A big family picture. Neither Marko nor Loki appeared in either.
"Where's my son?"
Deep sadness appeared on Nandi's face.
"We have no children. It happened this way. We wanted to, but…" A tear drop rolled down slowly from the corner of his eye. "What happened to you? Don't you remember me?"
I didn't turn to him; I looked at the apartment, then through the window. The panorama suited the apartment: hillside, all green, shining.
"I know who you are. I know who I am. But this is no longer my life. We're already divorced."
"We've been married for twenty-one years." Nandi showed his wedding ring to me. "How come you may not remember?"
"I remember” and I picked up a picture from the closet. I was on it and the Fuji was in the background. "But I have no such memories. I've never been here." I returned the picture. My ex was watching my every move with concern.  "I'm fine. Nothing hurts, I didn't get a stroke; I'm okay. I didn't take any drugs. If you want to hear my version of our lives, I can tell you, but I'd rather go home."
"Home? Do you mean, to Gyor? Of course. Maybe there…"
"No, Nandi, no. I've never lived in Gyor."
I want to wake up.
He walked to the shelf, taking out a photo album.
"Please believe me! Look at these, let's drink the coffee and I'll tell you everything about your life. That is, what our life is."
I followed him to the kitchen. Stylish, discreet, very modern, well equipped and easy to use. The smell of coffee made me feel a little better. I watched the pictures. I saw wonderful places, unknown people on them; I have seen some of them magnified on the wall.
"Don't you remember that? It's made when you got your Ph.D. You said one of your biggest dreams came true ..."
"Doctor? Did I really become a doctor?"
"No," my ex-husband stood up from the table. "You have a PhD in technology. You are a Research Engineer at Audi. You said this is your dream: you want to design the car of the future. You've wanted this since I've known you. Your group worked on the e-tron…"
He left me alone with my thoughts, the increasingly turbulent world, and the fear that this was the reality. With my eyes closed, I tried to control my breathing when I heard Nandi's footsteps.
"And what about these? Your prides? These are what have you been waiting for so long time." There were three books in his hand. "Your poems. Your novel and short stories."
This is a dream. Anyone could have said that. Wonderingly and enviously. But for me it was a nightmare. Where's my son? Where is Loki? Where's my life? Do I see my unrealized shattered dreams? It came true that I had dreamed about since I was a teenager.
I grabbed the books, paged through them, but could hardly see the words. My dreams of the engineering work, of creation, of precious, beautiful - or more beautiful, better - life.
I am dreaming.
"This isn't my life, Nandi."
The tremor disappeared from my voice; I didn't feel the proximity of panic.  I combed my hair and my fingers touched something in my neck. A necklace.
I glanced at it.
Dreams. My broken old dreams.
I, the eternal dreamer.
I, the Lady of Dreams.
The Stonekeeper.
"Nandi, it's a dream. Believe me, this is not the reality. It can't be that. I'm not your wife. I have not been your wife for eleven years. Look!"
I closed my eyes for a moment, focused, and felt the power of the Stone. So I let the Reality of Dreams permeate me; to form a red ball of light between my two hands raised in front of me. The sphere, like a big soap bubble, floated out of my fingers and took a human shape. Mine. Then my son. Loki. Bridzsó. Eventually the images faded and the red glow retreated into the stone.
"Are you a wizard?" Nandi looked at me.
"The Lady of Dreams. By this stone." I showed him the necklace. "But it's a very long story."
"Will you tell me?"
I told him.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése